Transport professionals need to find innovative ways to deliver transport projects in the face of demands for do more for less.
These challenges have resulted from:
- strong passenger and freight transport demand
- governments at all levels tighten budgets, to get their finances in order
- costs to provide and maintain services and infrastructure have been rising
- revenue from traditional tax sources is being used to meet other government priorities
- users are seeking improved service levels for transport by cars, trucks and public transport
- user pays is not on the political agenda.
How can we think differently about how to resource transport programs?