Fast track your journey to learn how to consider uncertainty and becoming a transport planner in 4 weeks.
01 Moving People Strategy
Establishing the context of a transport strategy is a key to success. You will critically evaluate Moving People strategic plans to identify and apply best practice transport planning frameworks. Having an approach to consider current and emerging challenges and opportunities is key to a successful plan. Being able to identify and engage key stakeholders is vital to be able to get support for your Moving People strategy.
02 Moving People Planning – Demand
Planning for Moving People starts with understanding travel demand and travel behaviour. You will explore the linkages between land use and transport and the implications for travel demand, and evaluate the options for changing travel behaviour.
03 Moving People Planning – Supply
Each of the primary modes for Moving People need to be considered – road traffic, transit, walking and cycling. You will learn the characteristics, challenges, and planning principles for reliable and safe movement.
04 Moving People Results
Moving People plans also need to outline implementation and delivery, including how to develop and evaluate options, through to monitoring results. Considering current and emerging trends and disruptions – you need to provide flexibility to adapt to new directions.
What can I expect from this course?
This four-week online course will provide you with the opportunity to acquire or enhance professional skills required to undertake transport strategy and planning projects, particularly in the face of an uncertain future.
- take a strategic view or big picture, focus on the critical 20% that gives 80% of the results
- learn through a step-by-step methodology, hands-on exercises, support and feedback, and peer discussions
- establish a sound understanding of strategic priorities, challenges, risks and opportunities to achieve desired outcomes and results
- demonstrate an understanding of current and emerging practices and key concepts in transport planning and how to get results
- consider the different perspectives of key stakeholders
- know where to obtain more information.
What is included in the course?
Online materials, which includes short videos, notes, links to readings and references, tools and templates and application exercises. You can submit your completed exercises for feedback. Weekly group coaching and Q&A session, plus access to an online discussion forum is provided. On successful completion of the course you will be provided with a certificate.