Online Course: Addressing Transport Challenges
How to develop practical solutions to complex transport challenges.
An online course you can complete at your own time and pace.
Click here to learn more and register for this course
This course will help you to:
- learn the key concepts in developing practical solutions to complex transport challenges
- review current practices and developments in transport, and see how to apply lessons learned to get results
- be able to specifically describe the transport problem
- consider the different perspectives of key stakeholders on any issue
- analyse issues and approaches, and potential alternative solutions
- know where to obtain more information.
Upcoming Short Course
This course will provide transport professionals with conceptual and applied aspects of multimodal integrated transport planning projects, and engaging key stakeholders. Click here to learn more about this course
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of multimodal integrated transport in an urban and regional context
- Demonstrate understanding of current and emerging practices in transport planning studies
- Understand the challenges and practical issues and approaches in integrating multi-modal transport and how to deal with them
- Apply the multimodal transport planning process to the delivery of a planning study
- Evaluate the effectiveness of multimodal integrated transport process in the delivery of desired transport outcomes and benefits
- Know where to obtain more information
Previous Blended Learning Courses
Subscribe to the mailing list so we can let you know when we are planning to run them next.
Each Blended Learning Course we run has been developed to build your skills and knowledge and address practical issues, to help you be more effective in your work, enable you to see challenges from different perspectives and to think in new ways and be more confident.
We use best practice exemplars to provide up to date practical knowledge. Our proven blended learning format will give you the opportunity to learn and reflect prior to a live class where you can discuss and consolidate your knowledge.
Our approach focuses on two key themes: to be of value and practical. To be successful you need to demonstrate value for money for every transport project or program you work on, ie benefits greater than the cost; and what you do has to be realistic and practical.
Transport Policy Development. A practical introduction to the development and implementation of transport policy.
Multimodal Integrated Transport. An overview of conceptual and applied aspects of multimodal integrated urban and regional transport planning studies.
Managing Transport Outcomes. Equip yourself with a systematic framework to describe and measure the impact of transport infrastructure and services projects and programs.
Transport Project Management. Obtain a results focused approach to enable you to plan and deliver a broad range of transport related projects.
Transport Funding & Delivery. Gain insights on how to develop business cases, evaluate investments and identify innovative funding and delivery methods.
Transport System Management. Get the tools and guidance you need to plan and deliver transport related actions based on achieving a bigger impact for a lower cost.
Land Use & Transport. Acquire an understanding of the linkages between land use and transport and how to influence them.